Nginx + asynchronous ZeroMQ backend

Kip Coul kipcoul at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 20:13:57 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

I am currently trying to write a massively concurrent web application
using Nginx and a message-based approach. Basically, what I intend to
do is the following:
  - let Nginx receive the HTTP request, parse it and extract info
  - pass this info to a Message queue
  - let a backend consume the message queue and send the response to
the message queue
  - let Nginx receive the response asynchronously and send it to the client.

I intend to use ZeroMQ with a push/pull approach, though I'm not sure
this is the right thing to do.

Do you have any thoughts on this? How would you proceed?

Thanks!