Communicating between nginx' modules

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Mon Dec 21 14:24:32 MSK 2009

> I'm really missing a way to identify other modules. It would be really
> nice if modules had an id (in Apache, that is the filename) that could
> be looked up by other modules.
>
> Any tips on how to identify other modules?

Using ngx_http_copy_filter_module as an example:

First, you need to declare module you want to access:
"ngx_module_t  ngx_http_copy_filter_module;"

and then you can access it's context using:
"r->ctx[ngx_http_copy_filter_module.ctx_index]"

Same applies to r->main_conf, r->srv_conf and r->loc_conf.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >