Making subrequests from handler

Peter Leonov gojpeg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:54:09 MSK 2009

On 28.11.2009, at 14:19, agentzh wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Peter Leonov <pl at inshaker.ru> wrote:
>> As far as I remember, NGX_HTTP_SUBREQUEST_IN_MEMORY helps me to get all the
>> response body in one memory buffer.
>
> Yup, indeed, but it relies on the content handler being called
> recognizing and implementing the r->subrequest_in_memory semantics.

You were absolutely right. JS module even couldn't get its own output from other location :)

Now, I'v implemented a hack with a special body filter, that copies all the chains to its buffer (just like the postpone module does). And all works fine… but, I'v got a feeling that all that is against the nginx's grain :)

Many-many thanks to you for your input and for that great topic on the Ruby forum :)

Best,
Peter.