source code analysis

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 07:17:49 MSK 2010

2010/12/29 nn hust <nzjemail at gmail.com>:
> Is there some related resource or toturial for the analysis of nginx source
> code?

I've put lots of resources into the following wiki page:

    See http://wiki.nginx.org/Resources

More than one year ago, I started my nginx hacking journey by reading
the Evan Miller's guides on nginx development and then dived into the
source code of the nginx core, nginx standard modules and several
3rd-party modules.

BTW, the ngx_echo module is a "live tutorial" for a lot of goodies in
the nginx core:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpEchoModule

ngx_echo is my first nontrivial nginx module and we later found it
also very useful in a real world setting.

Cheers,
-agentzh