Is this the right way to do synchronous subrequests?

agentzh agentzh at
Tue Jan 12 05:00:15 MSK 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:27 AM, Brian Pane <brianp at> wrote:
> One specific question I have is: What does the
> seems you didn't try google hard enough? ;)

Just as a side note, I'm also thinking about adding "subrequest in
memory" support to my ngx_drizzle module so that people can use the
ngx_eval module to do SQL, like this:

    location /cat {
        eval $res {
             drizzle_query "select count(1) from cats";
             drizzle_pass my_mysql_cluster;
             rds_json compact;    # enable JSON output for the result
        if ($res !~ '"count":1') {
              return 404;
        # proxy_pass, fastcgi_pass, and etc.