[ANNOUNCE] ngx_echo v0.32: various memory issue fixes inspired by valgrind

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 08:04:26 MSD 2010

Hi, folks!

I'm happy to announce the v0.32 release of the ngx_echo module:

    http://github.com/agentzh/echo-nginx-module/tarball/v0.32

This module wraps lots of Nginx internal APIs for streaming input and
output, parallel/sequential subrequests, timers and sleeping, as well
as various meta data accessing. Basically it provides various
utilities that help testing and debugging of other modules by
trivially emulating different kinds of faked subrequest locations.

This release fixes several memory issues reported by valgrind's
memcheck [1] tool and below is the complete change log for this
version:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpEchoModule#v0.32

We've just integrated valgrind support into our test scaffold
Test::Nginx [2] which is used by all of our nginx module projects. Now
running a particular module's test suite with valgrind's memcheck is
as simple as

     cd test
     TEST_NGINX_USE_VALGRIND=1 prove -r t

This facility also helps spotting quite a few memory-related issues in
several other modules developed by ourselves :)

[1] http://valgrind.org/
[2] http://github.com/agentzh/test-nginx

Have fun!
-agentzh