Dynamic http upstream based on Host-Header an DNS/LDAP lookup

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Mon May 17 22:16:03 MSD 2010

I tried to distinguish the proxy and the upstream module. Is the
upstream module a raw tcp connection level module, that sends and
returns packets to backends while the proxy module actually understands
HTTP and is able to look for a host header and similar?

If that's right, then we definetely have to extend the proxy module for
our use case.