Our nginx module development roadmap (draft)
agentzh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 15:18:08 MSK 2010
On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Delta Yeh <delta.yeh at gmail.com> wrote:
> can lua be introduced into ngx_proxy_more, so there can what we can with lua
> when proxy a request?
The standard ngx_proxy module can already be used together with
ngx_lua, so will ngx_proxy_more :)
Actually any nginx modules can be used with ngx_lua.
There's mainly 5 ways:
1. Use set_by_lua at rewrite phase, and use other content handler
modules like ngx_proxy and ngx_fastcgi.
2. Use content_by_lua as the content handler to generate contents, and
use output filter modules, like ngx_headers and ngx_ctpp2 to process
the outputs later.
3. Use the ngx.location.capture() call from within Lua code to make
nginx subrequests to other nginx locations configured by ngx_drizzle,
ngx_postgres, ngx_proxy, and any other content handler modules.
4. Use the ngx.exec() call from within Lua (content_by_lua) to make
internal redirection to other locations. (Remember, it's not a
subrequest, rather, a "goto", which never comes back.)
5. Invoke other nginx module's config directives' computation at
runtime directly from within Lua by means of the ndk.set_var.DIRECTIVE
call. Configure directives used this way are limited to those
implemented atop NDK's set_var submodules' ndk_set_var_value
Please check out the ngx_lua documentation for more details:
Our focus has been on making ngx_lua and the Lua programming language
the right glue in the whole nginx ecosystem, and helping Lua replace
PHP in more and more web applications that require outstanding
More information about the nginx-devel