Feedback on my module

Tarek Ziade tarek at mozilla.com
Fri Apr 1 16:07:13 MSD 2011

Hey,

I hope this is the right list for this kind of question -- seems more
suitable than nginx@ --

I have started the development of a module that does the following:

One each request, if a X-Target-Service header is present, the module
checks in memcached a flag. Depending on the value, it returns a 503 or
pass the request to the upstream server.

The goal here is to manage in memcache the status of backend services
the application uses like twitter, linkedin etc, and reject any request
to the server if those services are down for any reason.

I would love to get some feedback/advices from anyone experimented in
Nginx, as I am new to this and my C skills are from college ;)

The memcached code still need a few changes like catching any
libmemcached error etc, but the nginx module logic is basically done.

the code is here: https://bitbucket.org/tarek/nginx-sstatus/src/

Cheers
Tarek

--