Does Eval Module work Now?

agentzh agentzh at
Sat Jan 1 10:12:53 MSK 2011

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Sirsiwal, Umesh <usirsiwal at> wrote:
> But that should not hang nginx? That would mean we will increment wrong value and a 404 result. But in my case the client never received any response.
> I eventually changed over to using lua module.

Personally I'd recommend ngx_lua too, it's much more stable than (my
fork of) ngx_eval :)

Actually I'm implementing the "rewrite_by_lua" directive for ngx_lua
(see its "rewrite" branch on GitHub), which can trivially do all the
tasks originally done by ngx_eval :)

And there will also be a "access_by_lua" directive too. Such that many
tasks done by ngx_auth_request can also be trivially achieved, and
with amazingly more flexibility ;)