[ANN] Test::Nginx 0.16 released to CPAN

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:28:49 MSD 2011

Hi, folks!

I've just uploaded Test::Nginx 0.16 to CPAN:

   http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Nginx/

It will appear on the CPAN mirror near you in the next few hours or so.

This Perl module provides a test scaffold based on non-blocking
IO::Socket or LWP for automated testing in Nginx C module development.

This class inherits from Test::Base, thus bringing all its declarative
power to the Nginx C module testing practices.

Please check out the full documentation on CPAN:

    http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Test::Nginx::Socket

All of our Nginx modules are using Test::Nginx to drive their test suites.

Please note that this is different from the Test::Nginx module used by
Maxim Dounin.

Antoine BONAVITA and Piotr Sikora have contributed a lot to this
project. Special thanks go to them :)

Here's the complete change log for this release:

* fixed a bug that length(undef) produced lots of warnings on perl
5.10.x. thanks Guo Ying (shrimp).

* now we automatically retry connecting for 3 times (1 sec delay)  in
Test::Nginx::Socket::send_request. this will help automatically
recovering from random slow valgrind loading problems.

* when the directories specified in --- user_files do not exist,
Test::Nginx will create it  automatically.

* now we'll issue warning when there is extra bytes after the last
chunk in the chunked response parser.

Enjoy!
-agentzh