NGINX uniqueid feature

Thierry thi at thierry.1s.fr
Tue Jun 28 21:14:34 MSD 2011

Hello,

I'm writing a new feature for nginx. My module generate a unique id for each
incoming http request. Is very usefull for big http hosting data center.

The new web applications are very complicated for a poor functionalities.
(soap web services, application servers like websphere or weblogic,
java frameworks, ...). This applications need a unique identifier for
following a request into the infrastructur. Is very usefull for the
troubleshooting or for the security tracking.

The patch generate a unqiue id for each request if needed. Add this unique id
into a http request header if needed and permit to log this tag into nginx
logs.

I join two patchs: for version 0.6.36 and version 1.0.4.
I join also the documentation.

I'm trying to write clear and optimized code.

Thank for nginx. Is the best http web server.

Best regards,
Thierry