Fw: Use Test::Nginx with etcproxy and/or valgrind (Was Re: Test::Nginx::LWP vs. Test::Nginx::Socket)

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:33:56 MSK 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Antoine Bonavita
<antoine.bonavita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started working on 2.2 and got a first working implementation. It's
> currenly in my local git repository (a clone of yours on github.com).

Awesome :)

> I actually introduced 2 variables as the commit messages explain:
>
> A. Added support for environment variable TEST_NGINX_NO_NGINX_MANAGER (defaults
>    to 0) which will disable the nginx management code (stop/config/start).
>    Very useful when you want to run tests on an already running NGINX (set
>    TEST_NGINX_NO_NGINX_MANAGER to 1 and TEST_NGINX_CLIENT_PORT to the
>    port your running nginx is listening on).

I love this ;)

> B. Added support for environment variable TEST_NGINX_FORCE_RESTART_ON_TEST.
>    Defaults to 1. Must be explicitly set to 0 to avoid restarting the nginx
>    server when the config does not change between two tests.
>    This also brings support for allowing config not to be set.
>    This way, using TEST_NGINX_FORCE_RESTART_ON_TEST=1 with TEST_NGINX_NO_SHUFFL
>    and having a config section only on the first test, you can have all tests
>    use the same config.

Cool :)

> How do you want to proceed ? Should I fork your repo, commit my
> changes on my fork and send you a pull request or should I send you
> patches as diff ?

Please tell me your account name on github. I'll send you a commit bit
such that you can fork the master branch in my repos directly.

> I think the whole stop/config/start code could use a little
> refactoring but I didn't feel like doing this as well as this point:
> I'd rather have things working first, then get on the refactoring. Let
> me know what you think.

I cannot agree more here ;) That part has been getting messier and
messier along the way :P

Thanks!
-agentzh