Akamai G2O module

Tim Macfarlane timmacfarlane at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:13:39 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've recently written a module to authenticate requests from Akamai's edge server network, based on their G2O, or edge-origin authentication scheme.

https://github.com/refractalize/nginx_mod_akamai_g2o

The module is finished, however, this being my first nginx module and the fact that I don't spend a lot of time writing in C leads me to ask for a second opinion - how am I doing? Any advice greatly appreciated.

In particular, the module relies on OpenSSL's HMAC and Base64 support. I couldn't find any support for these in nginx core. For now the module simply does not compile without openssl installed. Is this bad?

Tim.