Problems building 1.1.3 with keepalive.

António P. P. Almeida appa at
Fri Sep 16 12:25:47 UTC 2011

I've tried building 1.1.3 using a bunch of patches provided by Maxim.

They're here:

With these I was able to get a clean build of 1.1.2.

Applying the same set of patches to 1.1.3 doesn't raise any issues
when patching. What happens is that the build process fails when
compiling the ngx_http_fastcgi module.

This is the compiler error message:

     /ngx_http_fastcgi_module.c:1664:32: error: ‘ngx_http_upstream_t’ has no member named ‘keepalive’

I'm using the separate module for ngx_http_upstream keepalive. It's
not in core.

There's a struct that is lacking a member related to the upstream
keepalive functionality.

Any idea of what's going on? I know that "my" set of patches is
"uncommon". Nevertheless I find it a bit strange that the build fails
with 1.1.3 while is successful with 1.1.2.

The upstream keepalive patches are taken from Maxim's patch queue
posted earlier this month on this list.

--- appa