Connection API?

Nick Kew nick at webthing.com
Sat Dec 1 00:19:36 UTC 2012

I'm looking to port a module to nginx.  The module currently
exists for Apache Trafficserver and Apache HTTPD.

Part of the module hooks into the start and end of the
TCP connection, and maintains connection data in a connection
context.  As far as I can tell, there's no equivalent API in
nginx: there's no ctx to store context in ngx_connection_t,
nor are there hooks to insert my modules functions at the start
and end of a connection.

(a) Is there really no connection API, or am I just missing it?
(b) If there really is no such API, would the nginx core team
    be receptive to a patch introducing it?  I would envisage
    a ctx in the connection struct, and a hookable
    start-connection event.

--
Nick Kew