client disconnects

J.Q. S. q2011oct at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 04:55:12 UTC 2012

I've been working on a module to submit web requests to a backend server
over UDP, and its been a good exercise in working with nginx internals.

Next I could use some advice on dealing with client disconnects -  I see
ngx_http_upstream_rd_check_broken_connection and
ngx_http_upstream_wr_check_broken_connection being set as event handlers
for the client connection in the upstream module, but I don't see the
handlers put back or the original handlers being called. Wouldn't this
interfere with keep-alive behavior on the client connection?

Are there other considerations I need to make when dealing with client
disconnects? Anything I should do or avoid doing?

All help appreciated!