Get $request_body before content handlers?

Mike Gagnon mikegagnon at
Sat Jul 7 23:41:49 UTC 2012

I have the impression that $request_body isn't available until the
content-handlers phase. Is that correct?

Is it possible to hack nginx such that the rewrite phase is delayed until
after the request_body is available? I am writing a module that analyzes
requests during the rewrite phase to determine where to route them. The
goal is to use online machine learning to detect suspicious requests and
re-route them to a quarantine.

If I have access to the request_body during the rewrite phase then my
request classifier will be better at detecting suspicious requests (since
it has more information about requests).

Mike Gagnon