[ANN] Test::Nginx 0.20 released

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 06:04:53 UTC 2012

Hello!

I've just uploaded Test::Nginx 0.20 to CPAN:

  http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Test::Nginx

It will appear on the CPAN mirror near you in the next few hours or so.

Special thanks go to all our contributors and users :)

Here's the complete change log for this release (compared to the last
CPAN release, 0.19):

* feature: now "--- error_log" allows a single regexp object as its value.

* feature: made client socket timeout as a test failure.

* feature: added support for the environment TEST_NGINX_CHECK_LEAK=1
  that enables the most general memory leak check by calling
  ab/weighttp + ps (for the nginx process's RSS).

* feature: when the TEST_NGINX_USE_HUP environment is set to true,
  then HUP signal will be used to update the nginx config between
  different test blocks and there will be no HUP reload between
  every two successive test cases within the same test block when
  "repeat_each" is set to a number more than 1.

* bugfix: fixed the TEST_NGINX_SLEEP environment support.

* bugfix: we should always restore user files before each
  "repeat_each" iteration because some test case may modify
  the user files.

* bugfix: setting environment TEST_NGINX_USE_HUP could not work
  with TEST_NGINX_USE_VALGRIND=1 properly.

* bugfix: print out every test block's name when
  TEST_NGINX_USE_HUP=1 and TEST_NGINX_USE_VALGRIND=1.

* bugfix: the "response body truncated" warning was a false alarm
  for HEAD requests. thanks Piotr Sikora for reporting this in
  github issue #1.

* bugfix: do not add --gen-suppressions and --suppressions options
  to the valgrind command line when custom non-number
  TEST_NGINX_USE_VALGRIND env value is specified.

* docs: documented the "--- timeout" section.

* docs: added a link to António P. P. Almeida's debian package for this module.

This Perl module provides a test scaffold based on IO::Socket or LWP
for automated testing in Nginx C module or ngx_lua-based Lua library
development.

This class inherits from Test::Base, thus bringing all its declarative
power to the Nginx C module testing practices.

Please check out the full documentation on CPAN:

  http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Test::Nginx::Socket

All of our Nginx modules (as well as our lua-resty-* libraries) are
using Test::Nginx to drive their test suites.

Please note that this module is completely different from the
Test::Nginx module created by Maxim Dounin.

Enjoy!
-agentzh