[nginx] svn commit: r4545 - trunk/auto/types

Ruslan Ermilov ru at nginx.com
Fri Mar 16 08:34:44 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 09:05:45AM +0100, Piotr Sikora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Some older OSes (notably FreeBSD 4.x) did not have %zu
> > format specifier, so revert to using %d.
>
> I don't mind this change, but is there really a point in supporting
> operating systems well past their End-of-Life date?

Probably not, but it doesn't really matter.

We want the nginx autoconfiguration to depend on the minimum
features provided by the host, and it's possible to face the
system (FreeBSD 4.X is one such example) that doesn't support
%zu printf() format specifier.  As it costs us nearly nothing
to support them here, why not?

nginx still has some FreeBSD 4.X conditional code.  Whether it
should be kept or removed is another unrelated question.