Nginx module development practice with blocking call

vivek goel goelvivek2011 at
Mon May 14 11:21:10 UTC 2012

I am writing nginx module which uses sqlite to do some read operation. As
sqlite read doesn't support non-blocking call(according to my knowledge).
What will be best solution to integrate it with nginx.
I am accepting near about 200 at the same time. One request takes near
about 200 ms to process. What method will be the best implementation using

   1. Increasing nginx worker process count to 50-200. So I will having
   enough worker to accept client request.
   My concern it that will it increasing connecting time of a user on next
   request as there will be less chances that same user will be served by same
   nginx worker process.
   2. Doing te read in a thread and using nginx event based api to send
   response. So I can handle multiple client using only two or one worker
   3. Moving my code to fastcgi and using nginx fastcgi module to
   communicate with .

   What will be the best solution for this implementation ?

Vivek Goel