ngnix support for the android

Homutov Vladimir vl at nginx.com
Fri Sep 28 13:53:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 01:01:46PM -0400, Indtiny s wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to cross build the nginx for the android using Android-ndk .. Is
> Nginx support for android ..?
>
> has any one tried to build nginx for android , if so pls suggest some  docs
> to start on .

The easiest way to get nginx on android is to use install debian
in chroot with the stock android linux kernel. You will have working GCC
and no need to deal with cross-building.
The process is pretty straightforward and does not involve any magic.

As of build using android NDK, I'm almost sure you'll have to hack
a lot - at least libc(bionic) is not full and I have no idea how much
limited NDK is in terms of available calls.