LSB compliant init script (e.g. Debian 7)

Richard Fussenegger, BSc richard at fussenegger.info
Tue Dec 31 12:35:52 UTC 2013

I also happen to have a LSB compliant init script for nginx. I think
some lines should be removed for inclusion in the nginx source
(everything that has to do with the temporary paths), but it's a rock
solid starting point.

https://github.com/MovLib/www/blob/master/bin/init-nginx.sh

The script allows you to use "service nginx
{force-reload|reload|restart|start|status|stop}" and "nginx -t" is
always executed before attempting to do anything. This ensures that the
service isn't interrupted because of some misconfiguration. It's also
using the various LSB functions for some eye candy.

Hope you like it.

Regards
Richard