Book for module Development

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Jan 4 04:47:30 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 04:02:05PM -0000, Sagar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am php developer having 6+ years of experience building
> websites,portals,applications etc.
>
> I need some guidance in developing 3rd party modules for nginx.
> But, i couldn't found any specific book for that.
>
> Please help me to walk on correct path, as i don't want to get
> messed/frustrated, by choosing wrong directions in early stage.
>
> Currently, i am having following article with me to start with:
> http://www.evanmiller.org/nginx-modules-guide-advanced.html
>
> Hoping for a favourable reply.

Evan Miller's guide is good (although might be a bit outdated).  I
would recommend you to start with:

http://www.evanmiller.org/nginx-modules-guide.html

(Advanced guide you link to covers more advanced topics and assumes
you are already familiar with basic things.)

If in doubt, lots of module samples are available in nginx
sources.

http://nginx.com/support.html