Proposal: new caching backend for nginx

Brian Akins brian at akins.org
Wed Jan 23 14:42:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> In
> particular, with quick look through sources I don't see any
> interface to store data with size not known in advance, which
> happens often in HTTP world.

Would this help? from the docs:
"'Add transaction' support allows constructing object's value on the fly
  without serializing it into a temporary buffer (aka 'zero-copy').
  Uncommited transaction can be rolled back at any time.
  Think of videos streamed directly into the cache without usage of temporary
  buffers or complex objects requiring serialization from multiple distinct
  places before storing them into the cache"

I haven't looked at the code yet.