Stop handling SIGTERM and zombie processes after reconfigure

Florian S. f_los_ch at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 12:07:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 04.07.2013 13:25, Maxim Konovalov wrote:
> On 7/4/13 3:00 PM, Florian S. wrote:
> [...]
>> And as you can see, I did not mention that I have the
>> (semi-official?) syslog patch applied, which might indeed cause the
>> problem when called from the signal handler. As you already pointed
>> out, it seems to be a good idea to remove this patch and try to
>> check whether the error persists.
>>
> Just curious, what's the patch?

I have taken it from https://github.com/yaoweibin/nginx_syslog_patch (I
just found another and apparently not related source:
http://wiki.nginx.org/File:Syslog.patch)

But as far as I am now I can tell that my actual problem is not
reproducible when I exchange
 > error_log syslog:notice notice;
with
 > error_log /tmp/nginx_err.log notice;
So imho this patch might be problematic regarding the issue from my

My solution for now is to augment the syslog patch to strip all the log
messages out of the functions called/calleable by ngx_signal_handler(),
even though suppressing this relevant information is clearly not optimal.

Kind regards,
Florian