handle NGX_AGAIN properly

Julien Zefi jzefip at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 00:12:58 UTC 2013

hi,

i understand that NGX_AGAIN is returned when a chain could not be send
because more data cannot be buffered on that socket.

I need to understand the following: in my case, when i receive a request, i
start a timer every 10ms and send out some data, then i create a new timer
every10ms until i decide to finish sending out data (video frames).

But if in some triggered callback by the timer the
ngx_http_output_filter(..) returns NGX_AGAIN *i assume* NginX will send
that chain as soon as the socket becomes available again. But after that
happens, how can i restore my timer cycle ?

thnks.

J.Z.