Subrequest questions

Aviram Cohen aviram at adallom.com
Thu Mar 21 14:18:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a few questions about subrequests -
  - When a subrequest is completed - where is the response body stored? Is
it entirely in the memory? How does the main request retrieve it?
  - Can I invoke the main request from within the context of a body filter
of a subrequest? Can I re-invoke the subrequest from the main request
afterwards?

The problem I'm facing is the following - I perform a subrequest, and I'm
afraid that the response body would be too big. If it is too big, I'd like
to send the entire response of the subrequest back to the client (meaning,
not buffering it in the memory for the main request).
Is that possible?

Thanks,
Aviram