IPv6 & IPv4 backend with proxy_bind

SplitIce mat999 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 01:45:28 UTC 2013

Attached is the patch,

This is the first time I have created a variable or really done anything
inside the http request processing flow so feel free to let me know if
there is a better way to do something or if I have any edge cases.

This patch provides a $upstream_connecting variable which contains the IP
address and port of the upstream being connected. If there is no upstream,
it will return "-" my understanding is this may happen if the upstream is
DNS resolved (untested). There may be a better way of doing this?

This should be used in a config like the following -
        map $upstream_connecting $test {
~^93\.184\.216\.119\: 192.168.2.40;
~^192\.168\.2\.([0-9]+)\: 192.168.2.40;
}