Nginx body filter

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Oct 25 17:01:57 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 06:54:43AM +0530, Ashwini Venkatesh wrote:

> Hello!
> I wanted to know how is the chain of execution of body filters.
> In my case the header filter of the same filter is executed but not the
> body filter. Does it depend on the execution of previous body filters?

Each body filter calls next filter in chain (till writer filter,
which is special and writes data to a socket).

Most likely reason for "my filter isn't called" problems is
registering a filter in a wrong place.  Make sure you do something
like

HTTP_AUX_FILTER_MODULES="$HTTP_AUX_FILTER_MODULES \
                ngx_http_test_filter_module"

in your module "config" file.  Adding a filter to the HTTP_MODULES
list won't do anything good.

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html