How to return back to handler routine

Vadim Lazovskiy vadim.lazovskiy at
Tue Sep 17 06:58:18 UTC 2013

I'm trying to implement some kind of streaming module.
I've opened udp socket at worker process start and reading from it
infinitely to a ring buffer.
Now I would like to install location handler and stream the buffer contents
to client.

I'm unable to comprehend how to return back to the handler routine after
sending and flushing a chain with a first buffer (ngx_http_output_filter).

Would you please briefly explain how to process a request in this way or
provide an example/piece of code that implements similar functionality.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vadim Lazovskiy