Reading request body in PRE_ACCESS phase

Fasih faskiri.devel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:34:13 UTC 2014

Hi Guys

I am trying to read the request body in pre_access phase. This seems
like a regular requirement but I dont seem to find a good way to do
this. Since the request body is read asynchronously, I have to do
phases++ and core_run_phases myself in the read_completion callback. I
also have to set the r->write_event_handler to empty because otherwise
a write event calls run_phases which I obviously dont want till I read
the body. I am trying to understand what is the correct way to do this
since I seem to be hacking my way around this.

Best Regards!
+Fasih