[nginx] Entity tags: explicit flag to skip not modified filter.

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 22:58:10 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Maxim Dounin wrote:

> +    r->disable_not_modified = !u->cacheable;
> +

Hmm, this line of change is giving me problems to fix the new
regression in my ngx_memc module's "memc_flags_to_last_modified"
feature (https://github.com/openresty/memc-nginx-module#memc_flags_to_last_modified
) caused by nginx 1.7.3.

It seems that there is no hooks for 3rd-party upstream C modules to
override this r->disable_not_modified field? The nearest hook,
u->process_header, is called *before* the
ngx_http_upstream_process_headers function setting this flag. And
setting u->cacheable leads to undesired side effects in
ngx_http_upstream_send_response(), which is also just too hacky.

Any hints on this?

Thanks!
-agentzh