NGINX Persistent Connection Limit Value

Das, Jagannath jadas at
Sun Nov 2 16:43:04 UTC 2014

Hi Maxim,
     I tried posting some of queries to nginx at, but it failed to deliver.

I thought of posting my queries on this post as it is related to implementation of keep alive_timeout feature. I am not able to conclude on the correctness of this feature as the timeout I set and the time it takes to close the connection from the server side is not consistent always. Do I have to use some additional config parametes to achieve the same?

Please suggest.

From: Maxim Dounin <mdounin at<mailto:mdounin at>>
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM
To: "nginx-devel at<mailto:nginx-devel at>" <nginx-devel at<mailto:nginx-devel at>>
Subject: Re: NGINX Persistent Connection Limit Value

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:45:11PM +0530, Das, Jagannath wrote:

Hi Folks,
      Provided the scalable architecture we have today, Is it
      possible that we may hit the connection limit issue using
      the persistent connection flags like the
      keepalive_timeout/keepalive_requests due to too many open

may want to ask in the nginx@ list instead.

Maxim Dounin

nginx-devel mailing list
nginx-devel at<mailto:nginx-devel at>