Variable visibility between 3rd party modules

MAGNIEN, Thierry thierry.magnien at
Wed Oct 1 07:39:15 UTC 2014

That's what I was looking for. Just tried it and it works, thanks!

De : nginx-devel-bounces at [mailto:nginx-devel-bounces at] De la part de bsfranks at
Envoyé : mardi 30 septembre 2014 17:48
À : nginx-devel at
Objet : Re: Variable visibility between 3rd party modules

Hi Thierry,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:41 AM, MAGNIEN, Thierry <thierry.magnien at> wrote:

In my own module, do I have a simple way to retrieve a variable which has been set by another module ?

For example, GeoIP module sets the geoip_org variable. Is there a set of C functions that allow my module to retrieve this value ?

Thanks a lot,

Check out the ngx_http_get_variable() function.  Hope this helps!