[BUG] Gunzip module may cause requests to fail

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Tue Dec 1 15:10:49 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 01 December 2015 07:55:22 Aviram Cohen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Maxim, great hearing from you.
> I have said that the response is a bit malformed, which means for me that
even though it looks weird, it can be handled.
> You are right that when Nginx gets unpredicted behaviors from the
server/client, it should close the connection so that there won't be any
damage.
> However, this is an error that Nginx could have easily avoided.

[..]

The problem is that nginx cannot know how to fix this response.
It can be empty because of the application crashed, or because of
a compression error.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev