Nginx Based Socket application

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Mon Feb 9 14:43:10 UTC 2015

On Sunday 08 February 2015 23:59:29 Tigran Bayburtsyan wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm trying to find out, how to write module for Nginx which would be able
> to access directly to connection socket and transfer non HTTP data.
> I know that Nginx is written for specially HTTP(S)  requests,

No.

See:
http://nginx.org/en/docs/mail/ngx_mail_core_module.html
http://nginx.org/en/docs/stream/ngx_stream_core_module.html
https://github.com/arut/nginx-rtmp-module

Also note that "http" in nginx is just a module too.

> but I'm thinking of use it  as a proxy server for my custom binary protocol.
>
> Where can I find out some documentation or examples about it ?

The source code of mail, http and rtmp modules can be a good example.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev