Making new server parameter inside upstream block

Дмитрий Шалашов skaurus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:40:12 UTC 2015

Hi!

As far as I see Nginx have limited number of possible server parameters
inside upstream block. It is enforced by function ngx_http_upstream_server for
example.
Now, having my own upstream module how can I approach the task of adding a
couple more parameters to a servers inside it?

I would like to find a solution without resorting to patch Nginx source
code, resilient to Nginx updates (self-contained, in other words) and
having that -- as simple as possible.

I have to confess that this module is the only piece of C code I've ever
wrote, and I was "taking inspiration" from other modules :-)
My best guess so far is overriding ngx_http_upstream_server (googling shows
it's likely possible) with my own function which will find my new
parameters, remove them from cf->conf and then call original function.

Best regards,
Dmitriy Shalashov