Patch for s390x support

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Oct 14 16:26:06 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 01:22:58PM +0000, Neale Ferguson wrote:

> Thanks. I have the non-builtin version of the atomic operations written
> for s390x, so on the off chance if someone wants to build using gcc < 4.1
> then things will build/run. However, given then low probability of that is
> it worth submitting the patch?

No.  The s390x platform certainly isn't that popular to justify an
in-house atomic operations implementation.  In case someone wants
to use a compiler without builtin atomic operations, the libatomic
library can be used (or nginx can be used without atomic
operations at all).

I would rather like to see C11 atomics support added - they aren't
currently supported by nginx.