Error handling from filter modules

Steven Hartland steven.hartland at multiplay.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 01:36:13 UTC 2015

I'm making changes to a filter module and when it detected an error it
returned NGX_ERROR however the response generated to the client isn't
the expected 500 internal server error I would have expected given said
return.

So the question is do filters have to manually call
ngx_http_finalize_request(r, NGX_HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR); or is it
expected that the upper layers should actually do the right thing and
ensure the client doesn't get a bad response generated from the current
state of r with no indication an error occurred?

	Regards
	Steve