[nginx] Decreased the NGX_HTTP_MAX_SUBREQUESTS limit.

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 05:58:11 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 4:29 AM, Valentin Bartenev wrote:
>  #define NGX_HTTP_MAX_URI_CHANGES           10
> -#define NGX_HTTP_MAX_SUBREQUESTS           200
> +#define NGX_HTTP_MAX_SUBREQUESTS           50

Hmm, this change makes me sad. In our ngx_lua module, for example, we
allow programatic parallel subrequests via the
ngx.location.capture_multi() Lua API:

    https://github.com/openresty/lua-nginx-module#ngxlocationcapture_multi

We'd better provide larger values in such hard-coded limits rather
than smaller (unless we provide a way to allow 3rd-party nginx C
modules to override it).

Regards,
-agentzh