Building instruction

Pietro pulsarpietro at
Wed Apr 6 20:45:44 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

I would be interested in building the project from the sources and I
have checked out the nginx source code following the instruction:

I can't figure out where I should start, in fact I do not see a
configure script at the top level, quite naively this is what I have
done :

cd auto
./configure --sbin-path=/usr/local/nginx/nginx --conf-path=/usr/local/nginx/nginx.conf --pid-path=/usr/local/nginx/
./configure: 10: .: Can't open auto/options

I have the feeling I am getting it all wrong but I can't find clearer
building instruction, how do I build NGINX ? Have I missed some crucial
docs present in the website or inside the source repo itself ?