1.9.14 - http2 protocol violations

Otto van der Schaaf oschaaf at we-amp.com
Tue Apr 12 22:08:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

While looking into https://github.com/pagespeed/ngx_pagespeed/issues/1175 I
noticed that when performing a POST to a non-existing page, Chrome will
complain about the response (net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR).

This happens with a plain nginx build, configure arguments:
--prefix=/home/oschaaf/nginx-tmpbuild --with-http_v2_module
--with-http_ssl_module

1.9.14 seems to have introduced some behavioral changes only noticable on
http2, there seem to be similar breakages in some of ngx_pagespeed's flows.

One thing we do is perform an async lookup in the preaccess phase - doing
so when processing a POST request also results in a protocol violation.
As this path looks very similar to the limit request module, I tested that
as well. And indeed this also seems to give the same error on http/2

Regards,

Otto