Stream Module Variables

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at
Thu Feb 4 00:13:07 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:37 PM, SplitIce wrote:
> I have been taking a look at the Stream modules for use in a particular
> application. I noticed the entire subsystem lacks any variable support.
> Is variable support planned?
> Is there a significant reason for the omission?

I'm also looking forward to NGINX variable support in the "stream" subsystem.

I'm currently emulating some of the builtin NGINX variables of the
"http" subsystem in my ngx_stream_lua_module on the Lua land, like
$pid, $connection, $remote_addr, $server_addr, and etc:

Actually I'm also looking for "send_timeout", "send_lowat",
"resolver", "resolver_timeout", "lingering_close", "lingering_time",
"lingering_timeout", "postpone_output" and etc directives in the
stream {} context so that each of my stream typed NGINX modules do not
have to re-invent these over and over again.

Best regards,