Dynamic module search paths?

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:03:45 UTC 2016

Hi folks

It seems to me that the the load_module directive for loading NGINX
dynamic modules just use the server prefix when resolving relative
module DSO file paths specified in nginx.conf.

Here is my wishlist: I hope that we can have support for module search
paths specified via an external environment or an nginx command-line
option so that nginx.conf can be more portable across different
environments.

This is particularly useful when distributing various NGINX-based
applications where a single NGINX installation can serve multiple
different applications with different server prefixes in the same box
at the same time.

What do you think?

Best regards,
-agentzh