Architecture for asynchronous Mongo GridFS module for Nginx

Alexander Rodin rodin.alexander at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:03:45 UTC 2016

Hi all!

I'm researching possible approaches to development of asynchronous GridFS
module for Nginx (because the existing one blocks the main Nginx thread).

I've read the source codes of most modules from
https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/modules/ and found that all of
asynchronous modules (e.g. Postgres or Mongo) implement the database
protocol by itself working with upstream. Is it the only way? I would like
to use mongo-c-driver (https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-c-driver) but I
need an example how to embed it into Nginx event loop to make non-blocking
module.

Could you suggest any module that uses the same approach or some manual
about it?

Best regards
Alexander