Proxy Protocol Support

Michael Irwin mikesir87 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:58:13 UTC 2016

I saw with 1.11.0 that support was added to support a variable named
proxy_protocol_port.  Looking at the documentation, I see it makes the
client port (from the protocol) available.  But, it looks like the proxy
port is not being made available.

I was working on a patch to submit, but figured I'd seek some input first,
as I'm concerned that there will be some naming confusion.
 proxy_protocol_port = client port (what it is now) and
proxy_protocol_proxy_port is the new proxy port?  If I could start over,
I'd say _port is the proxy port and _client_port is the client port, but
that's a breaking change.  Still go with _proxy_port to differentiate the
two?

(ps... if anyone else wants to do the quick patch, I'm happy to pass it off
too ;) )

Thoughts?

--
Michael Irwin