proxy protocol proxified client port

Tony Fouchard tony.fouchard at blablacar.com
Thu Mar 31 15:59:13 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I need to log the user remote port at nginx level when requests are passed
through proxy protocol (legal requirement), but looking at implementation I
saw that all of the work stopped after reading source IP.

In my setup, I have bgp sessions mounted on haproxy instances, but the
haproxy acts at level 4 and only route traffic to different nginx farms
depending of TLS extension value provided by client : it permits to serve
for example both spdy and h2 over alpn.

I have tried to implement what I needed and update the test case,
changesets in attachment.

Regards.

Tony Fouchard.