Image filter crop coordinates

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon May 30 15:01:15 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 10:32:31AM +0000, Alexander Nestorov (alexandernst) wrote:

> *bump*
>
> El sáb., 21 may. 2016 a las 12:11, Alexander Nestorov (alexandernst) (<
> alexandernst at gmail.com>) escribió:
>
> > I'm assigned with a task at my work that would require me to implement
> > crop coordinates/starting points. Are you willing to accept patches for
> > such functionality or is this outside of the scope of what the images
> > filter should be able to do?
> >
> > If you were to accept such patches, how should I implement such
> > functionality? As a separate configuration directive (for example,
> > "image_filter crop_coords x y;") or built in in the crop directive ("image_filter
> > crop width height x y;")?

You may want to take a look at previous attempts to do something
similar.  In particular, see the following treads:

http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2012-November/002930.html
http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2012-December/003050.html
http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2012-April/002156.html