Add support for 'nocache' flag to map directive

Eran Kornblau eran.kornblau at kaltura.com
Tue Nov 29 08:07:14 UTC 2016

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me, but that will be harder to implement, for example,
when the map block is initialized, I'm not sure whether all the variables it references have
already been added. If they were not, it will not know they are 'nocacheable', and it will require
some post processing step (maybe in postconfiguration) to go over the tree of variable references
and update nocacheable (there could be a map block that uses a variable created in another map block etc.)

So, while not ideal, I think adding a flag that the user will have to manually set is an acceptable compromise.
If the forum prefers the more automated solution, I'm willing to try to tackle that as well, but will need some
high level guidance on how you'd like that implemented.
Please let me know what you think

Thank you,

Eran